MODULAR DETACHABLE FIN
29 DEGREE ANGLED INTERCHANGEABLE BLADE
SELF ADJUSTING FOOT POCKET
SHORT VERSION OF THE GARA MODULAR IMPULSE FIN
The new Gara Modular Sprint fin is a shorter version of the Impulse fin, which proved to be hugely popular with freedivers worldwide, both amateurs and the most demanding professional freedivers. This is also confirmed by the large number of articles dedicated to it by specialized journalists in sector magazines.
Sprint is designed to meet the needs of freedivers and spearfishers who practice this sport in wintertime and when a fin as long as Impulse is not necessary.
Both fins have been designed using expensive finite element software programs that allow highly complex and equally high-performance sections to be defined.
The blade of Sprint, like the Impulse blade, is made of a single thermoplastic elastomer, although it would be more correct to refer to an angled sublayer and an overlay. The sublayer follows the shape and dimensions of almost the entire fin. It has a uniform thickness and a flexible longitudinal propulsion wing of variable length. In contrast, the so-called overlay covers the propulsion wing selectively and has a thickness that slopes from the maximum value to zero longitudinally towards the tip of the blade.
As a result, the fin offers a new way of storing and releasing elastic potential energy, greatly assisting movement of the freediver’s legs and thus guaranteeing a net improvement in propulsive output.
When disassembled, the blade and foot pocket occupy the space of a normal snorkeling fin.
- Excellent propulsive performance without tiring anyone, beginners or professionals
- Thermoplastic rubber foot pocket,certified Full Contact
- Standard blade/stringer interface with screws under the foot pocket and side clips
- Extremely thin and light blade in compound made of elastomerized technopolymers developed by Cressi with different thicknesses
- Stringer consisting of technopolymers with elastomeric loads with high flexural modulus
- Foot pocket/blade angle of 29 degrees
All fin components are also supplied separately.